4.01.2015

No, It Isn't Still Snowing

IMG_5801

Sweater: Anais by Kim Hargreaves; madelinetosh sport in chamomile; my notes and modifications on Tournesol
Dress: Alice + Olivia; similar tweedy dresses from Diane von Furstenburg, Erdem, and a jeweled one from Alice + Olivia
Boots: Gucci; some fun, on-sale, embellished booties from Giuseppe Zanotti, Pour la Victoire, and Rupert Sanderson
Lips: Bobbi Brown Art Stick in Sunset Orange

Take a whole bunch of pictures one weekend, they said. That's what all the people who blog about clothes do, they said. Who would know, they asked. Well, you've caught me. I did a bunch of outfits I actually did wear to work one weekend day that was neither too rainy nor too cold so that I would have content during the terrible no good very bad seemingly undending greyness of terror that has been every day since pretty much December 1. This sunny day? I thought it was the beginning of a trend. It wasn't. It isn't. I'm seriously considering moving to a different hemisphere.

But the clothes. I wager you care ever so slightly more about the clothes than my bitching about the weather. This dress is a score of mine, in that I had it on my radar, it never went on my kind of sale, I forgot about it, I found it again on The Outnet, and scooped it up in a NY second. I love it despite the tweed being made of something plastic and therefore it's a little scratchy. I love the color, I love the length, I love how it looks with these boots...

I admit it's a bit of a stretch with this sweater.

I really am trying. In fact, I've been debating designing a cardigan in the hope that I can make myself a cardigan I would enjoy wearing. This makes sense in theory, right? I got really nice yarn for it. It's surprisingly enough...yellow. Because I think there might not be a limit on the number of yellow sweaters I need. The current active tally is 5. With at least 2 more in the offing. I am, in truth, wearing one right now. Don't judge me.

No comments:

Post a Comment